February 8, 2012

The waiting game...

I cannot handle the waiting game. To help pass the time I have been watching some videos on how to assemble the upper and lower receivers just to make sure everything goes as planned. Earlier this week I got a bunch of shipping confirmations for the parts I ordered and everything is on its way except for my muzzle break and gas block. For some reason they are taking forever to process. Anywho, I should be up and running early next week. My vice blocks and tools are probably going to be the last things delivered so the real wait is on them. As I was looking through some tutorials I came across a paracord modification for the dust covers of a PMAG. The pull tab on the dust covers has a little eyelet that is big enough to run a gutted length of paracord. So I took some extra black paracord that I had lying around and gave it a shot. I ran a little through and tied it off with a lanyard knot complements of a Stormdrane tutorial. I have used that knot in the past with other paracord stuff and ends up looking really nice. So here are some pictures of how it turned out.




Needless to say, this makes taking the dust covers a lot easier than before. Probably not the most necessary thing in the world, but if you have some time to kill and some extra paracord then you are good to go. I haven't tried these in any types of carriers but they fit nicely in my range bag and the paracord doesn't snag at all. Plus you can loop them on something in your range bag or whatever when they are not on the magazines. 

No comments:

Post a Comment